Slippery Elm Bark
What are the benefits of Slippery Elm Bark?
- Slippery elm is a demulcent - it secretes a gooey substance called mucilage. It helps soothe mucous membranes in the digestive tract by creating a protective film over the irritation.
- It is also a mild laxative that helps with bowel movements.
- It is an emollient that helps soften and soothe skin when used as a paste. It can also be used as a paste for hot spots, burns, rashes, scratches, or shallow wounds.
- It is also nutritive - it is packed with nutrients like vitamins A, B, C, K and minerals like calcium, magnesium, and sodium
- It is an anti-inflammatory which helps reduce redness, swelling and pain.
Who can benefit from Slippery Elm Bark?
All dogs, cats, and humans can benefit from Slippery Elm.
Slippery Elm Bark Benefits in Summary:
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber
- Relieves mucous membrane irritation
- Regulates bowel movement
- Helps with digestive issues
- Soothes minor wounds and burns
As a meal topper: Mix ¼ teaspoon of slippery elm powder for every 10lb body weight in cold water and top over meals.
As a paste: Mix powder with a bit of water to form a paste. Let it cool and rub the paste between your fingers. It should have a gooey feel (this is the mucilage). Add more as needed.
Make sure that your pet has access to plenty of water. Slippery Elm should not be taken within 3 hours of any other medication as this may affect the absorption of those medications.
Net wt. 25g